sterling ingredient

PLEASE NOTE:

CERTAIN SECTIONS OF THE FORUM, LIKE TECHNICAL INFO, HARDWARE TOPICS, MARKETPLACE AND PREFERRED SUPPLIERS ARE VISIBLE TO REGISTERED FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

Author Topic: Goonzquad channel - rebuilds.  (Read 536 times)

Offline 1am7h30n3

• Luminati
  • Luminaaaaaa!
  • Color: Red
  • Make: Chevrolet
  • Model: Lumina SS A/T
Goonzquad channel - rebuilds.
« on: October 08, 2018, 02:50:25 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwO_xoYm2vjhu4kZSxFO5mA/featured

quite a cool channel, these two young guys doing rebuilds on some awesome cars, they got a hellcat, a new mustang, etc. pretty fun to watch, they show quite a fair bit of detail.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:46:25 am by 1am7h30n3 »

Offline Wessel

• Luminati
  • Vonki WP
  • Color: White
  • Make: Chrysler 300C
  • Model: SRT8
Re: Goonzsquad channel - rebuilds.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 11:06:07 am »
I am also following this youtube channel (goonzquad) very interesting and these two brothers are doing high quality work  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:10:01 am by Wessel »
2013, Chrysler 300C, SRT8 - LMI true CAI. Ceramic coated, Long tube Headers & 76mm Magnaflow exhaust, tune ver.8. (358kW, 650nm)
2006, Ford Ka - daily drive, no mods - my green contribution.
Ex - 2007, Lumina, manual, white, Headers & Exhaust (63 mm with cutouts). 269Lr HR12 comp cam, udp, VCM OTR cold air intake (360 kW, 635 nm), Polyurethane suspension bushes.
Ex - Lumina, 2005, manual, blue - 317kW, 520nm (Rob Green stage 1) & suspension upgrades.
Ex. 1993 Mercedes 300E stock
Ex. 1993 Toyota Cressida 30GLS with branches and Free flow exhaust
Ex. 1981 Rover Sedan, 3.5L V8 5 speed manual with Weber carb conversion, Cowley branches and Free flow exhaust, gas flowed heads, stage 3 crane cam, optical ignition system. (First car I bought)
Ex. 1969 Datsun 1.3L bakkie. Skimmed 1.5L heads and car type crown wheel conversion in diff. (Dad bought when I was in matriek)

Offline 1am7h30n3

• Luminati
  • Luminaaaaaa!
Re: Goonzquad channel - rebuilds.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:45:36 am »
I am also following this youtube channel (goonzquad) very interesting and these two brothers are doing high quality work  :thumbsup:

yeah i underestimated them when i first watched one of their videos, but for sure the work is very high quality and they dont' seem to take shortcuts, it's relaxing to watch awesome cars being fixed up.

edit: fixed the topic title thanks.

Offline 1am7h30n3

• Luminati
  • Luminaaaaaa!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 07:20:46 pm »
ok so their newest video seems they're rebuilding a lamborghini huracan. ummmm?! 2 youngsters in their backyards rebuilding an italian supercar? hells yeah im in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNb4Y8qCuhs

Offline Wessel

• Luminati
  • Vonki WP
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 01:22:50 pm »
And to think, that they were unemployed a few years ago.  :bravo_2:
2013, Chrysler 300C, SRT8 - LMI true CAI. Ceramic coated, Long tube Headers & 76mm Magnaflow exhaust, tune ver.8. (358kW, 650nm)
Ex - 2007, Lumina, manual, white, Headers & Exhaust (63 mm with cutouts). 269Lr HR12 comp cam, udp, VCM OTR cold air intake (360 kW, 635 nm), Polyurethane suspension bushes.
Ex - Lumina, 2005, manual, blue - 317kW, 520nm (Rob Green stage 1) & suspension upgrades.
Ex. 1981 Rover Sedan, 3.5L V8 5 speed manual with Weber carb conversion, Cowley branches and Free flow exhaust, gas flowed heads, stage 3 crane cam, optical ignition system. (First car I bought)
Ex. 1969 Datsun 1.3L bakkie. Skimmed 1.5L heads and car type crown wheel conversion in diff. (Dad bought when I was in matriek)

Offline 1am7h30n3

• Luminati
  • Luminaaaaaa!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 10:03:30 am »
Anyone been following the lamborghini huracan build?

In their latest episode, they installed the armytrix exhaust and hooked it up to what looked like an existing vacuum line to control the valves in the exhaust, but then claimed that it didn't appear to work with the stock exhaust control system. I'm wondering if they haven't made a mistake or something, I would be very surprised if an aftermarket exhaust valve system designed to be used in a car that already has an exhaust valve system is not compatible...

Any thoughts/experiences?

Offline Wessel

• Luminati
  • Vonki WP
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 08:15:18 am »
Anyone been following the lamborghini huracan build?

In their latest episode, they installed the armytrix exhaust and hooked it up to what looked like an existing vacuum line to control the valves in the exhaust, but then claimed that it didn't appear to work with the stock exhaust control system. I'm wondering if they haven't made a mistake or something, I would be very surprised if an aftermarket exhaust valve system designed to be used in a car that already has an exhaust valve system is not compatible...

Any thoughts/experiences?

I am following this build.

I think the R&D involved to understand the Lamborghini control systems and to design something which talk to these systems, would be more cumbersome, than to design a simple standalone system.

Offline 1am7h30n3

• Luminati
  • Luminaaaaaa!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 09:40:07 am »
did you see the latest episode (24)? i wasn't paying very careful attention but i could swear that at times i thought it was louder than other times, maybe the figured something out and got the system working with the lambo system? not sure.

i agree the rnd required could be hectic, it seemed like it might have been compatible but yeah, maybe not.

you had cutouts on your lumina right? was that vacuum operated or electrical? that's definitely a good way of doing it, you can make all the noise you want and at the press of a button be nice and stealthy also!

Offline Wessel

• Luminati
  • Vonki WP
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 10:50:52 am »
did you see the latest episode (24)? i wasn't paying very careful attention but i could swear that at times i thought it was louder than other times, maybe the figured something out and got the system working with the lambo system? not sure.

i agree the rnd required could be hectic, it seemed like it might have been compatible but yeah, maybe not.

you had cutouts on your lumina right? was that vacuum operated or electrical? that's definitely a good way of doing it, you can make all the noise you want and at the press of a button be nice and stealthy also!

It also might be in the open position as default, don't know. My cutouts was electrically operated, but it was placed just after the lambda sensors, so it was very loud.
It seems like the current trend is to place the cutout system inside the rear exhaust boxes, thus the exhaust note and loudness, are more civilized.